Thursday, May 3, 2012

School Photo Day

Kevin is definitely a boy's boy.

1) He loves cars (not only the Pixar kind) - can spot a Porsche from a Ferrari, knows that a Bugatti is one of the most expensive cars in the world
2) All things Soccer (football)  - playing on weekend, training during the week, pick up games during school breaks, after school, going out with Dad, and lately even watching it on TV - all the while telling me which clubs are better - he didn't want to support Ajax earlier this year because they weren't ''very good'' this season...now that they have won the finals, they are OK again.....
3) Lego -building, preserving, remaking sets, leftover bricks, it doesn't matter. All Lego's are good Lego's.
4) Pants - I know my son can walk upright. I see him do it daily - yet his pants tell me the 8 or 9 hours a day I don't see him he must be walking around on his knees. Even given his regular growth spurts, it seems after 3 or 4 washing, the knees in otherwise perfectly good pants are gone.

Now, I'm not a totally useless mother to a boy - I mean, I like the occasional Top Gear, and do my best cheerleader impression along the line every Saturday morning, but exactly how he came to be such a Lego building, car loving, knees walking soccer fanatic is a mystery to me. He's just. all. boy.

I am glad that in one area, I see a small glimmer of myself in my (not so) Little Man - sometimes he just wants to dress up and look polished by wearing more formal clothes for no other reason than he feels like it. He's currently in love with his bright green trousers (not denim jeans) and this year, for school picture day, he wanted to dress nice - in a dress shirt and real (not clip on) tie. Anyone know any good you tube links for tying a windsor knot?

 His twist - he didn't want to tuck the shirt in, because it would ''get all wrinkly''.

I took some photos in the morning at home - and was glad I did, because when I got the proof back from the school.....they had them all lying on their stomachs this year, feet in the air. I mean, cute concept (no shoes, etc) but you can't really see the tie or nice shirt. Mom was a bit bummed - but as his mom, I don't think he can take a bad picture anyway.

These are the proofs, with watermarks, taken from  www.deschoolfotograag.nl.

What do you think?

1 comment:

www.deschoolfotograag.nl said...

I think the picture looks great. You could have asked for a portrait picture with the tie in place and visible. This could easily have been cropped out.