Tuesday, August 7, 2007

'Nee, I Love You More'

While I was away at the end of June, I spoke to Kevin about every other day. He loves talking on the 'hello' (telephone) and some days he jabbers away and other days we only go round and round about who loves who more.

Kevin speaks a lot of Dutch right now, I'd guess about 2/3 of his vocabulary right now is Dutch, but there are some words that I just always use in English. ' I Love You' is one of those ('Ik hou van jou' just doesn't have the same ring to it) His other English words are 'please', 'thank you', 'bink' (pacifier) and 'I Love You More'.

So, when we have a phone conversation, I tell him I love him, he says 'I love you', then I say 'I love you more'. Then he says 'Nee, (do I have to translate that one?) I love you more'.

For all the other times we 'fight' about his use of the word Nee (loudly and often, at the moment) This is one time I enjoy hearing it!


When I came home from this last trip, he ran into my arms, took my face in his hands and just grinned from ear to ear before hugging me and saying 'mama, I love you too' . It was one of those moments I know I must be doing ok as a mom if this little man can love me so much.

No comments: